Past Dubious Continuous Tense

Past Dubious Continuous Tense 

DEFINITION:

This tense describes continuous action of the subject in dubitative condition but in past continuous tense is called past dubious continuous tense.

NOTE:

May have been and might have been are helping verbs of this tense. ''Ing'' form is used in the end of original verbs.

NOTE:

In emphatic sentence Must have been is used in this tense.

EXAMPLE:

1. John must have been writing a letter.

ASSERTIVE SENTENCE 

NOTE:

In assertive sentences helping verbs are used after the subjects.

1. I, we, you, he, she, he, it, they may have been/ might have been reading.

NEGATIVE SENTENCESS 

NOTE:

In negative sentences Not is used between may have been or might have been.

EXAMPLES:

1. I, we, he, she, it, you, they may not have been/ might not have been reading.

INTERROGATIVE SEENTENCE 

NOTE:

1. May/ Might I, we, you, he, she, it, they have been reading?


Comments

Popular Posts