Present Dubious Continuous Tense

 PRESENT DUBIOUS CONTINUOUS TENSE 

DEFINITION:

This tense shows dubitative condition of the subject doing some work but in present continuous tense is called present dubious continuous tense. 

NOTE:

May be or might be are helping verbs of this tense. ''Ing'' form is added in the end of the original verb.

NOTE:

In emphatic sentence 'must be' is used instead of may be or might be.

Ex: Johnny must be going to Karachi.

ASSERTIVE SENTENCE

NOTE: 

In assertive sentences helping verbs may be or might be are used after the subject.

Exam: I, we, you, they, she, he, it may be or might be writing.

NEGATIVE SENTENCES 

NOTE: 

In negative sentence Not is used between may be or might be.

Examples: I, we, you, they, he, she, it may not be or might not be.

INTERROGATIVE SENTENCE

NOTE: 

In interrogative sentence helping verbs may be or might be are used in the beginning of sentence but Subject is used between may be or might be.

1. May/might, I, we, you, they, she, he, it be writing.


ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE READERS:

PLEASE WRITE 5 SENTENCES OF THIS TENSE

Comments

Popular Posts