Present Perfect Continuous Tense

 Present Perfect Continuous Tense 

DEFINITION:

This tense tells the action which subject started some work in past time and it is still continue, hence it is called Present Perfect Continuous Tense.

NOTE;

Have been and Has been are the helping verbs of this tense and "Ing" form is used in the end of original verb. 

Since and For are used in this tense. Since used to duration and For is used for the period of time. 

1. The teacher has been teaching for two hour.

2. Teacher has been teaching since morning. 

ASSERTIVE SENTENCES:

1. I, we, you, they have been reading since 2019.

2. He, she, it, John has been reading for 3 years.

NEGATIVE SENTENCES:

1. I, we, you, they have not been reading since 2019.

2. She, he, it, John has not been reading since 3 years.

INTERROGATIVE SENTENCES:

1. Have I, we, you, they been reading since 2019?

2. Has He, she, it, John been reading for 3 years?


ASSIGNMENT FOR READERS:

Please write any five sentences relating this tense in the comment section.

Comments

Popular Posts